SEO & Marketing Guides
Learn SEO, SMM, & Internet Marketing step-by-step.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Guides
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the “natural” or non-paid (“organic” or “natural”) search results. In general, the earlier (or higher on the page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine.
My goal is to help you learn Search Engine Optimization well enough to take my strategies and run with them on your own website(s). Simply follow the guides below and you’ll be well on your way to mastering the craft of SEO!
- SEO 101: Basic SEO Principles
- SEO 201: SEO Benchmarking
- SEO 301: SEO Research
- SEO 401: On-Site SEO
- SEO 501: Off-Site SEO
- SEO 601: SEO After Implementation & Maintenance
- SEO 701: Local Search Marketing & Optimization
Social Media Marketing (SMM) Guides
Social media has increasingly become the dominant form of communication online. Social networks like Twitter and Facebook have grown by leaps and bounds in size and influence over the last few years. It is very important that you’re making the most out of the rapid expansion in social media’s scope and influence, in order to make it work for you!
Review some of the Social Media Marketing guides below in order to help you learn how you can make social media work for you:
- 15 Twitter Principles That I Adhere to Every Day
- 13 Tips to Get More Followers on Twitter
- 13 Tips for Developing Positive Relationships on Twitter
- Creating a Facebook Business Page & Promoting It
- How to Create a Custom Tab on Your Facebook Business Page
- 5 Ways Google Search Plus Your World Impacts SEO
WordPress is an open-source website & blogging platform used by over 25 million people. This site has been using WordPress for over 3 years and I’ve grown to enjoy its functionality, unique design features, its SEO-friendliness, and the open-source community that drives it all! However, if you’re not used to it, learning how to do things in WordPress can be very tricky.
Review some of the WordPress guides I’ve created below in order to help facilitate your own knowledge of this awesome blogging platform:
- 6 WordPress Plugins that No SEO Should Go Without
- Making Your WordPress Permalinks SEO-Friendly
- Popular Posts with Thumbnails in WordPress (without a Plugin)
- Recent Posts with Thumbnails in WordPress (without a Plugin)
- Best Blog Commenting Systems & Platforms
- Styling Posts by Post-Count Using PHP Conditional Count Script